It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:41 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Marriage-1 By Pastor Piet Smit.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am 

You know how bad things are in SA in connection with marriages?
Roughly 133 000 ends up with divorce
14 000 divorces a month
Two thirds of all marriages end one time or another
(Data according Jericho Walls)

What Can I Do?
I can teach my child that a believer do not marry a nonbeliever.
2 Cor. 6:14 - "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? " If you do not listen to this you are against God's will, and you will walk the road of spiritual exile.
One day when I showed this verse to a lady who had difficulty in her marriage she cried out loud and asked why the reverent did not tell her this before she got married? Maybe he did tell her this, but she was blinded by love. Cause even if he did say that he would be in trouble cause there is no one so death that the one who do not want to hear.

To prevent a mistake marriage I would also tell my child to pray about a partner before he or she search for one.
I believe that God has a partner in marriage for every man and woman, those who are called to be married. Remember that God made every one of us and He knows us. He have the right person to fit your dreams, your work and who you are.
Prov. 30:8 - " Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches-Feed me with the food allotted to me"
Ps. 47:4 – “He chooses our inheritance for us "
Gen 24:14 - "Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, 'Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink'-let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master."
Gen 24:15 - "And it happened, before he had finished speaking, that behold, Rebekah, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, came out with her pitcher on her shoulder. "

Prayer
Lord I pray for our lands marriages. May You bless them who have a good marriage. May You repair the marriages that needs You to recover. Will You please help Your children to marry people what believe in You ... in Jesus Name.

Amen!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]