It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:42 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: A Place called Heaven
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:22 am 
Site Admin

“Let not your hearts be troubled; ye believe in God believe also in me. In my Fathers house are many mansions; if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto Him, Lord, we know not whither thou go-est, and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.” John 14:1-6. [All scripture is used from the KJV]

Jesus told his disciples that for them to ever have the privilege of entering Heaven; He would have to go away so that He could prepare a place for them. Not only a place for them but also for the many that believes and calls upon His name. Heaven! Is there really such a place? The Bible teaches us, by way of the One who came from this very place and spoke of this place, John 14:1-6; and through the apostle Paul we are told of a man [Paul himself], that was “caught up into paradise and heard unspeakable words”, 2Corinthians 12:1-4, and John the beloved tells us in detail about this place in Revelation 21-22. Even the prophet Ezekiel gives us a glimpse into this Divine Glory in Ezekiel 1. Our Lord even went so far as to promise the thief hanging by his side, “today shalt thou be with me in Paradise”, Luke23:43. Although we have this mountain of evidence from people at different time spans, there is much debate as to whether there really a place called Heaven. The apostle Paul tells us, “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things that God hath prepared for them that love him”, 1Corinthians 2:9. In other words God has prepared for us who believe in His Son a place of such indescribable beauty that mere mortal man does not have the vocabulary to even describe this place. Heaven is mentioned 500 times in the Bible by that name. But Heaven is also referred to by many other names; it is described as “the better country” that the prophets of old sought after. It is spoken of as, “the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God” Hebrews 11:10. Jesus Himself spoke of, “in my Father’s House are many mansions…I go to prepare a place for you, John 14:1-2. Heaven is a real place, just as Jesus said it is in John 14:1-2. The Greek word for place is ‘topos’ and is ascribed to the writing and study of places. The Bible clearly distinguishes between three [3] different heavens as stated in 2 Corinthians 12:2; air-where the birds fly, Matthew 6:26; space-where the stars shine, Acts 7:42; and paradise\heaven which is God’s home and domain. One thing is for sure and that is you and I must prepare and be prepared for eternity. Jesus told a parable of a rich man; a very productive man who had plenty of power, prosperity and possessions and who lived for pleasure. In his self absorption he declared, “take your ease; eat, drink and be merry, but God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee, then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God”, Luke 12:19-21. This rich man had it all, or so he thought when he declared somewhat arrogantly that he had need of nothing. The rich man did not prepare for Eternity, because he had no greater purpose but to accumulate wealth and possessions and too only live for now. But the Lord called him a fool; as we are all fools if we do not prepare for the hereafter. Psalms 14:1 clearly declares; “the fool hath said in his heart there is no God; for they are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.” It is foolishness if we neglect to make preparations for the day or the hour for that one appointment none of us will miss. Yes my friend, the letter to the Hebrews says, “It is appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgement”, 9:27. There is nothing as certain as death, and nothing as certain as the time of dying. Therefore dearly beloved we who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ must be prepared at all times and be ready when our name is called. Let us now lay up treasures in Heaven. Jesus warns us, “not to lay [store] up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal; but lay [store] up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and thieves do not break through or steal”, Matthew 6:19-21. The more of Heaven we cherish the less of this old sick sin-ridden earth we will desire or covet. It was said in the book, Heaven- a Place, a City, a Home. “Earth is but a pilgrim stay, a pilgrim’s journey, a pilgrim’s tent. Heaven is a city- permanent, God-planned, God-built, whose foundations are as stable as God’s Throne.” John Owen the Puritan writer wrote, “The Lord Christ leads none to Heaven but whom He sanctifies on earth.” The author of that classic all time great, Amazing Grace, John Newton, said, “When I get to Heaven, I shall see three wonders there- the first wonder will be to see many people there whom I did not expect to see; the second wonder will be to miss many people whom I did expect to see; and the third and greatest wonder of all will be to find myself there.”
The question I want to ask here is, are we prepared for that place? Are you expecting your name to be called? Will your name be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life? Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me, John 14:6.” What did Jesus mean by this statement? Exactly as He said. He means that He alone is the only Way, the only Truth and the only Life whereby we can enter into God’s Kingdom. There is not several ways into His Kingdom as some are teaching. Thereby I mean that the New Age Movement philosophers say that there are many different ways to God and Jesus is not the only way. That is a lie that is spewed out from the pit of hell. The mystic eastern religions teach the same that there are many ways to Heaven. Even Islam denies that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. But then again Islam does not believe in the same Heaven that Jesus spoke of. Even our self-acclaimed Catholic Church has for some time been propagating that Mary is co-redemptress with Christ, therefore we cannot enter the Kingdom without acknowledging her position. No dearly beloved these are all lie’s cooked up by man himself. Jesus, and I say this without fear and trembling, is and always will be the only One by whom we ca gain entrance into the Eternal Kingdom of God. And those and they who teach otherwise are misleading millions on the earth astray with their lies. And God will call them to account one day before the Judgement Throne.

But let’s get back to the Glorious Splendour that awaits them who are looking, watching and waiting for that day of sweet release. This is what the Word of God teaches us.
What we will enjoy in Heaven.
* God promises us that there is a reunion with our loved one’s and those who have gone ahead, Genesis 25:8, 17; 35:29; 37:35; 49:33; Numbers 31:2, Deuteronomy 32:50.
* Christ will confess our names before the Father and His holy angels, Revelation 3:5; Matthew 10:32-33.
* We shall enjoy the waters of life, Revelation 7:16-17.
* We shall know and experience what real worship is about, Hebrews 12:22-24, Revelation 4:9-11; 5:8-14; 7:9-12; 11:16-18; 19:1-7.

We shall also experience:
*Glory unprecedented, Psalms 73: 23-24.
*We shall have Communion while in the Presence of a Holy God, Ecclesiastes 12:5-7; Matthew 22:32
*We shall enjoy the benefits of the Tree of Life, Luke 23:43; 2Corinthians 12:4; Revelation 2:7.
* We shall possess the treasure we have stored up in Heaven, Matthew 6:19-21; Luke 12:21; 1Timothy 6:17-19.
* Safe from the second death and having authority over the nations and the Morning Star, Revelation 2:11; 26- 28.

My friend we shall have glorified bodies, as the scriptures tells us we shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye, “Beloved, now we are the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is, 1 John 3:2.” What will Jesus look like if we are to be like Him? Read the following chapters to get an idea of what we will be like when we see Jesus face to face, Matthew 17:1-8; Mark 9:2-8 and Luke 9:28-36. To really get a full picture of what our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ will be like see what John saw on the Isle of Patmos. “I John, who also am your brother and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last; and, what thou seest, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; and in the midst of the candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire and his feet as unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters, And he had in his right hand seven stars; and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword ;and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength, Revelation 1: 9-12, 13-16.” The Word of God says we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is. A glorified body just like the Son of God. Our senses will be enlarged, our vision will be multiplied better than that of an eagle, and we will have perfect hearing on a grand scale. We shall be released from this bondage of sin. No more death, no more sorrow, no more pain, no more parting from loved ones and friends. Can you imagine saints of God what it will be like in Heaven when our vision is enlarged in perfect resurrected bodies. Our fallen human heart and mind cannot even fathom or can barely contemplate the tremendous adventures we will enjoy in Heaven. Just imagine child of God when all sorrow, pain, aches, grief, selfishness, rage, hatred, temper, pride, deceit, darkness and malice is removed forever. If we can enjoy such beauty, even in our fallen world, under the burden of sin, imagine what God has prepared for us to enjoy in Paradise. Revelation 21:4 states that, “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.” Dearly beloved what is it that keeps you away from wanting to go too this glorious place that has been prepared for them who has believed on Him. Or do you desire to hold onto the pleasures of this world as the rich man did in Luke 12. Do not miss this opportunity for the promise and lie of the evil one. For Satan rewards you only for a short season, once he has dragged you into his web of deceit. The only reward the devil can give is a lifetime of endless regret. And like him [Lucifer] you will spend eternity without God. Each one of us will stand before the Throne of God and give an account of our lives. Did we accept or did we reject the Saviour of the world. Maybe you are at this point asking, but William this is all foreign to me what you speak of here? Friend let me spell it out for you. The Bible says, “Marvel not at this; for the time is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear His [Jesus] voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation”, John 5:28-29. My friend as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so assuredly what this verse says is going to happen. Will it be Heaven or will it be hell? And rest assured, at death we leave behind everything we have, and take with us everything we are. And you will be standing before the Judgement Seat of Christ, alone!!
In the light of eternity, “our days on earth are as a shadow”, 1Chronicles 29:15. And we are but a heart beat away from eternity, “each man’s life is but a breath”, Psalms 39:5. Our lives here on earth are just puff of wind. We should ever be mindful that in a heart beat we can step from this earth into eternity. And where will we spend eternity; with Christ in heaven or with the devil and his angels in the lake of fire. In the light of these two choices where we will spend Eternity, and knowing that you will die and shall stand before the judgement Throne of God, the Eternal Creator and Judge, you need to review your life’s work, your family relationships, habits and activities. Yes my friend each one of us will stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ, where God will judge men’s secrets, harsh words, and He will judge each man’s work impartially, Romans 2:16, Jude 15, and 1Peter 1:17. Will we have any regrets. Will we regret that we prayed too much or to little, will we regret that we did or did not read and study the Bible enough, will we regret that we did not witness enough, or shown compassion or understanding too others. You and I must be ready at all times for that which can happen at any time. Can we say as the Apostle Paul so boldly declared: “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain!”Philippians 1:21.
As I close this all important message let me share with you what the Word of God said concerning this place called Paradise. Before the Cross and due to the insufficiency of animal blood to take away sin, Hebrews 10:4, the sin debt still remained on all. Even the Old Testament believers who died before the Cross, were taken by angels, Luke 16:22 into Paradise, which Jesus also referred to as “Abraham’s bosom”. Despite dying in the faith, all of these saints of God were held as captives of Satan, even though the evil one was not allowed to put them in the burning side of hell. But Luke 16:26 reveals that Jesus also told us, “And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, who would come from thence.” In other words there was no possible way because of this gulf that the redeemed or the unredeemed could cross over. But when Jesus died on the Cross and settled forever the sin debt, He descended into Paradise, otherwise known as Hell, Psalms 16:10. Concerning this, Paul said, “Wherefore He said, when He ascended up on high, He led captivity captive and gave gifts to unto men, Ephesians 4:8”. In other words Jesus liberated those souls who were held captive by Satan. As stated before the believers of the Old Testament were held captive by Satan, but when Jesus died on the Cross and settled the sin debt He took possession of them who trusted God even though they never saw, yet believed in a better covenant. The sin offering was made and paid for, and Christ took the captives and made them His captives, bringing them to Heaven. So the place that we know refer to as ‘Paradise’ is empty. Presently when a Believer dies, due to what Christ accomplished on the Cross, that soul and spirit of the individual goes immediately to be with Christ in Heaven, Philippians 1:23.
My dear beloved friend if you have not made peace with the Lord now is a good time to do so. Time as we know it is fast running out; for Jesus is soon to return to fetch His Church or Bride as it were. There is a new Heaven and a new Earth awaiting them who long to be apart of that, “catching away, or being caught up to meet the Lord”, 1Thessalonians 4:13-18. John the beloved apostle of Jesus wrote what he saw in the vision on the Isle of Patmos, “And I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth; for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away, and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God himself shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be more pain, for the former things are passed away”, Revelation 21:1-4. Yes my friend this is what awaits the child of God. God shall dwell with His people. This old sinful ruined planet of ours is going to be restored to its original state, when the Creator of heaven and earth first made it.
I want to leave you with these words that have echoed through the ages since it was penned the very first time by the apostle John. He which testifieth these things saith, “surely I come quickly: Amen”. [This is Jesus speaking], And John answers this promise from the Master, “Even so, come, Lord Jesus”, Revelation 22:20.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]