It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:36 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Are we living in the End Times?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:47 am 
Site Admin

The Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy and told him, “that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof; from such turn away, 2 Timothy 3:1-5”.
My friend does the above scripture sound familiar? Does this not sound like our world today? Isn’t this what we see and read about on our televisions, and in our newspapers? I can say without fear or trembling, without a doubt this is the state of our world today. And sadly to say also that this has somewhat become evident within the Church too. Man today has no fear of Almighty God. Man has reached the point where he raises his fist at God, and even dares God to do something when he curses His Holy Name. But God in His great mercy and love will almost certainly not react to man who does such, but would rather not see that any one go lost. God will have the last say concerning person\s who use His Holy Name in vain; Exodus 20:7 spells this out for us very clearly, “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain”. In other words dear reader, the person who uses God’s name lightly or frivolously, in false affirmations or profanely will be dealt with by the Lord. Watch most any movie today that comes on television and the name of Jesus is used as a profanity. Hollywood nowadays will go out of its way to use that Name that God has given to His Son [Jesus Christ] that is above every other name. Let us stand still for a moment and discuss the media of television. Television as we know it today is a master media of mind manipulation. Just as Adolf Hitler was a master of manipulation of the masses, so much the more is the medium of television. Advertisers knowing that children control the majority of purchasing power today, where billions are spent on products for such things as breakfast cereals, cookies, candy and toys. As mentioned above, manipulation in its crudest form is nothing new, and Hitler was as master of manipulation in his hypnotising of millions of his countrymen. However as the years have gone by, and in our more sophisticated society, we see a more subtle and much more dangerous approach to the manipulation of man, which will culminate even the more with Antichrist.
This past 40-50 years has become the age of the pill poppers and mood changing, by means of either prescription or drugs that are bought over the counter at any pharmacy. The more common mood-changing drug is valium. This and other mood-changing drugs are widely misused. They affect the brain as a calment for any anxiety or tension state, and act as a muscle relaxant. Continued use of these tranquilizers can cause slow, rhythmic, involuntary movement of the tongue and facial muscles and also uncontrolled movement of the arms, legs and trunk. What most people are not aware of is that this type of drug is habit forming. The tragedy is that the use of these tranquilizers has reached such proportions that such a trend will make any nation susceptible to the pressures that will be exerted by Antichrist during the Tribulation Period. How many leaders can you count in your own churches who are already taking tranquilizers? Yet we are the people who claim the Blessed Hope! We are the ones who should rest in God and cast all our burdens on Him. But, in reality, how many actually do that. Be honest with yourself saints of God. Do you look to the Saviour to give you peace of mind, and freedom from fear, or are you dependant on drugs to give you a state of euphoria? Why am I saying this? If Christians are hooked on mood-changing drugs, in spite of the hope that is within us through Jesus Christ, how much more widespread is the use of mood-changing drugs by those whose only hope is living for today!
Orson Well’s Big Brother has become a reality as far as watching your every move nowadays. In most major cities of the world you are being watched when you are either driving in your car or just walking the streets. You are being watched when you enter a bank or clothing store or even a supermarket for that matter. The super-powers of the earth, America, Russia etc have satellites circling the earth and spying on one another. This is the tools for Antichrist’s spy network during the Tribulation that is even now in use. Yes my friend the stage is set for Big Brother to enter the scene of world dominance. Yes dear friend, Big Brother has already been watching you for some years.
Let us just step away from these interesting facts, and see what the Bible has to say concerning future events that have happened and must still happen, and are even happening right now. Who knows the future? This question has been asked through the ages and there has been many through out the ages who have dared to predict the future. The media gives the impression that the so-called post modern man always [unbelievers] speculates about the catastrophic destruction of planet earth. But the hope of the believer is not anchored in what the world has to offer, but rather and rightly so, in our relationship with the Creator of heaven and earth. It is significant how that secular man is so attuned to the future events. The popularity of astrologers, astrology, fortune-tellers and seers confirms this. People want to know what is going to happen tomorrow. Some years back the media popularised the predictions of Nostradamus [1503-1566]. The Frenchman was an astrologer and doctor, and he started his predictions about 1547, at the time that astrology was very popular. Nostradamus was so popular that he was even invited to the courts of Catherine de Medici to work out horoscopes for her children. Eventually the Roman Catholic Church condemned these so-called prophecies in about 1781. But in Isaiah 46:9, God declares, “Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is none else, I am God, and there is none like me”. And He alone affirms His right of possession concerning Sovereignty and refers to two attributes. The first is His attribute to know the future, and the second attribute is that when He decides to do anything it shall come to pass. Yes my friend there is no God like Jehovah, the Creator of all things good. Isaiah 46:9-11, declares that God [Yahweh] is the only One who knows the future, and that He is the One according to His eternal counsel and decree has the alone right to intervene in the affairs of man. The only one who can with Sovereign authority speak concerning the future events of mankind?
If ever there was proof that mankind desires to know what the future holds, you can look at most any secular magazines where the astrologers\horoscopes and what the stars predict. As a warning to all who claim to be children of God, these readings are no fire for you to sit by. Isaiah 47:14, states very clearly, “Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame; there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.” Christians should have nothing to do with these works of evil; but should rather live according to the Word of God. And Christians who make themselves guilty of this must repent and turn away from such, and rather study the true prophecies of the Bible. And I must state here that Jesus Christ is the only one that could speak with authority on future revelations. This is recorded in the New Testament. And without any fear of contradiction I can declare that what Jesus said will be fulfilled. Every dot and tittle will come to pass. Jesus is Emmanuel, God with us. He is all knowing, omniscient and knows the future. Through the ages many people have tried to predict and give dates for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. I’m talking about so-called religious peoples who have done this, and time after time the “Church of Christ” was brought into disrepute. It not only brought shame to the Church but fear into believer’s hearts. It at times brought an expectation to believers, but sadly when these predictions did not come to pass some unlikely excuse was given. This of course has dire consequences as far as true Bible-prophecies were concerned. Let us look at two such examples of this. During the second century after Christ, a believer by the name of Montanus of Ardabau, near Phrygia in Asia Minor came against the secular and worldly influences of his time. Montanus predicted that by 156 A.D, the world would come to an end, and that the New Jerusalem would come down from God and would settle in Pepuza in Phrygia. He also said that for this to happen believers should prepare themselves by fasting and prayer, and stay celibate and not eat meat. When the coming did not take place Montanus changes the concept of the Last Day to the Last Days. The founder of the Jehovah Witness movement, Charles T.Russel showed extreme interest in the Coming of Christ. In 1877 Russel and a Nelson Barbour gave out a book wherein they predicted that the end of Satan’s rule, and the Coming of Jesus Christ would simultaneously happen in 1914. Instead of Jesus returning at this time, WW1 started. To cover up this lie, it was announced that Jesus did come back and has set up His Kingdom, but it is not visible to the natural eye. Yet the Apostle John teaches us that when Jesus comes, “every eye will see Him”, Revelation 1:7.

Ok, saints of the Living God lets return to some of the events and happenings of our present day. As this message is being penned we have heard on the news and television and radio of the sudden death of pop idol Michael Jackson. Our TV’s and radios are constantly blaring out news concerning the singer’s demise. One newspaper today, 27\06\2009, showed pictures of so-called fans who are in mourning in front of his boyhood home in Los Angeles. In Stockholm, Sweden weeping girls were laying flowers in tribute to the dead star. In Bucharest pictures and candles were on display in front of the U.S embassy. There is much speculation that the dead singer was constantly using painkillers, like Demerol. Of course we will over the next several months be inundated with all kinds of stories. Be as it may, my point is this. This is the same man who made billions of dollars from his record sales, lived in a fantasy world of make-believe, was sued in court on two occasions for “messing” with teenage boys. Married for convenience to have kids, as to draw the attention away from these accusations. Had several operations\plastic surgeries on his face too reconstruct his features for him to look like a white man. You see my friend, when man starts to play God by trying to alter God Almighty’s creation these things will happen to you. The Bible tells us that, “which you sow you will reap.” And let me be upfront. No I am not hateful towards Michael Jackson. I do not approve of his lifestyle. He and many like him in the entertainment business, whether as a singer or actor, have no regard for the Lord God Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. When men blaspheme God, as these actors and singers do, the Almighty declares,” the Lord will not hold him guiltless who taketh His name in vain.” And allow me to make a bolder statement. These singers and actors who become multimillionaires, become so rich because they sell their souls to Satan. They are the ones who the Apostle Paul declares in Romans 1:18, “for the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness, and unrighteousness of men”. Even in my own back yard of South Africa we have well known singers the like’s of a Steve Hofmeyer, who has several illegitimate children. Several years ago he married a fellow artist, but during their stormy marriage he had affairs with different women, one who is now suing him for breach of promises. His wife has now divorced him but Hofmeyer is still unrepentant and carries on living his godless live in full view of the public. And to many teenagers and middle-aged women he is a hero. This same man has arrogantly proclaimed his disrespect for God Almighty in no uncertain terms. But recently Steve Hofmeyer has landed up in a hospital where he missed deaths door by inches. Why because God Almighty does not want anyone to go lost. So Mr Hofmeyer has been given the opportunity to come to Christ but chooses rather to ignore the grace and mercy afforded him. Of course Hofmeyer is not the only one who lives this type of lifestyle; there are several others whom I will write about some time. And many of these secular singers\actors have jumped on the band-wagon of the market of Gospel recordings. These people live godless lives but see an opportunity within the gospel field to make money, and the thing that angers me is that so-called Christians buy their recordings. Even more so the Christian Radio Station plays their music over the airwaves. Yet the lives of these secular artists do not testify of a relationship with Jesus Christ. But hey don’t get angry at me, read what Romans 1: 18-32 tells about the situation concerning these misled souls.
Let’s continue with the problem of idol worship. The Lord hates idol worship. What do you mean William? Today more than ever man has turned to worshipping false idols. There are more denunciations of idolatry than any other sin in the Bible. Modern society as we know it today has cast idols in the most subtle forms; even the Church is guilty of this. Christians who profess to be children of the Most High is just as guilty of this as the secular person. As we go along you’ll see what I mean. The Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 1:22-25, “Professing themselves to be wise they became [become]fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves; who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever, Amen.” Let me break this down some for you. Paul is saying, not only to the secular world of his time but he is definitely speaking to the situation in our so-called modern society, that mans wisdom is laid waste or to naught if that wisdom is not of God. And by trying to change the glory of God, they are presenting the sin of the ages, which is not only the sin of the heathens of old but very much that of modern Christendom. By changing the glory of the uncorruptible God, man is displaying its own degeneration which is the opposite of evolution. Because of the perversion of man God has not only permitted this but He has allowed them by delivering them totally and completely over to this perversion, meaning they can commit any and every type of perversion and immorality as they wish. Lastly because man has changed the truth of God into a lie, every type of sexual or spiritual uncleanness becomes the order of the day. Then man falls to the level where they now worship something and anything that is not God, even something lower than himself. They indulge in perversion of the lowest order. In our modern society, men and women have sunk so low as to have sexual contact with animals, which God forbids. This is what happens when human beings, who are created in the image of a Holy God, choose rather to serve the devil, than One who created them and enjoy the many blessing He wishes to bestow upon His creation.

The Bible warns us throughout that idolatry is the most repeated offence. “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them”, Exodus 20:4-5. “Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the Lord your God”, Leviticus 19:4. The Apostle John pleads with us, “Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen, 1 John 5:21. One example after each other is spoken of through the Old Testament concerning idol worship; Moses when he leads God’s people through the desert the Israelites make them an image of a golden calf after witnessing the ten plagues of Egypt. After King Solomon many Israelites turned to the sin of idolatry. Jeroboam had other golden calves fashioned for worship in Dan and Bethel. During Solomon’s reign he allowed his many heathen wives to erect altars to the false gods of the Canaanites- Baal, Ashteroth, Kronos and Molech. And the consequence of this idolatry was judgement from the hand of God. Jehovah allowed the captivity of Israel into Babylonian bondage under Nebuchadnezzar, and the affliction of the fiery furnaces to and slavery to purge the dregs of idolatry from the hearts of His people. Never again under the ministry of an Ezekiel and Daniel, Ezra and Nehemiah did the people of Yahweh resolve to compromise their hearts to idolatry. Christians must not worship before the idolatrous altar of pluralism, multiculturalism and the so-called interfaith movement, for Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”, John14:6. There seems to be some understanding of how idolatry is applied to us today. The popular vocabulary is identified as, “sports idols, Hollywood idols [actors], sex idols, and musicians who are described as idols. The droopy eyed, drug induced, tattooed, crazy dressed singer\musicians the likes of a Marilyn Manson who is an outspoken Satanist prancing on stage is today the idols of countless teenagers. Singers the likes of a Madonna, Britney Spears, and others who are half dressed that leaves nothing to the imagination are the idols of so many misled young people. Madonna has taken her concerts to the height of blasphemy and outrageous. When appearing on stage this poor misled soul, will simulate sex by making vulgar suggestive movements, and finally when you think she can’t shock no more she climbs onto a mirrored crucifix, head adorned with a crown of thorns. This is truly a sinner who has no fear of a Holy God and will not repent, as she displays this to the world in her stage acts. But you know what friend there is a Saviour who loves her and would want her to come to Him to be saved. These are the same so-called heroes who promote free sex and drugs as a way of life. Parents do not be fooled by this. Then you wonder why your son and daughter display such hostility toward not only you but to God Almighty. But hold it lets not just pick on Madonna. Hear what the movie stars have to say concerning things spiritual. These are the same people whose movies and TV shows and talk shows you watch Christian. Our favourite talk-show host Oprah Winfrey has to say. And I quote; “One of the biggest mistakes humans make is to believe there is only one way. Actually there are many diverse paths leading to what you call God.” Richard Gere says, “Buddhism is a gradual process as the mind is familiarised with another way….hopefully, the correct way. So it is a process that takes several lifetimes.” John Travolta says, “When I was 21 years old, I found Scientology and that gave me a kind of sanity. I think [after death] that the body ends and you as a spirit go on. It’s up to you what you are going to do. You want to get back into another body or if you just want to hang out; whatever you feel like.” George Lucas says, “I put the Force in to Star Wars in order to try to awaken a certain kind of spirituality in young people – more a belief in God than a particular religious system.” Bruce Willis says, “There are people who interpret the Bible literally. Literally I choose not to believe that’s the way. And that’s what makes America cool, you know!” Kevin Costner says, “I have always wanted to believe that there is something more to life that what we have here on earth. I mean, it would be nice to know there is something more, a higher power waiting for us, wouldn’t it.” And the Apostle Paul was right when he said, “For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse; because, that when they knew God they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened”, Romans 1:20-21. What comes to mind when we think of God, is the most important thing about us. All too often, people betray the idolatry within their minds in how they speak of God. Our most esteemed Bishop Desmond Tutu was quoted some time ago on the front page of daily newspapers in South Africa as declaring: “My God is not homophobic. I could never worship a God who is against homosexuals.” Tutu even went so far as to say that, “if homosexuals don’t go to Heaven then he didn’t want to go there!” No Mr Tutu, God the Father is not against homosexuals, He loves them just as much as any other human being, but He does hate their lifestyles because it is an abomination, “If a man also lie with man[kind], as he lieth with a woman”, Leviticus 20:13. And if they did such Mr Tutu, God commanded them to be put to death. Yes Mr Tutu homosexuals will not go to Heaven if they do not repent from the abominable lifestyles they insist on living. God even today has not changed His mind concerning the just punishment upon homosexuals. And that applies to the lesbian lifestyles also for that matter. Jesus shed His life’s blood for them to be redeemed and set free from this bondage. No matter what the learned people, psychiatrists\psychologists or even the government passes through legislation; homosexuality is a sin, a bondage and abomination in the eyes of a Holy God. Mr Tutu as so many like him is saying that their god would never be harsh and judgemental, he would never condemn anyone to hell; they say this because their god does not exist. Their god only exists in their imagination. The God of the Bible is a Holy God who will not allow sin to continue unpunished, and will never allow sin before Him. He is a Holy God! He sent fire and brimstone on the wicked cities and inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah. The other day the Church of Scotland approved the appointment of an openly gay [homosexual] minister, thereby prompting the latest case of tensions over sexuality within the Anglican Communion. Following the vote to back the appointment, the Scotland Equality and Human Rights Commission said the Church of Scotland has proven itself to be, “a modern church for a modern Scotland.” This appointment of course is nothing new to the Anglican Church in the USA, as it already has appointed a gay minister in its ranks as far back as 2003.

Jesus said in Matthew 24: 36-39, “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only, But as the days of Noah were, so shall also be the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days before the flood they were drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” Dear friend the human race has surely reached the point where in its existence one can say this is as in “the days of Noah”
All over the planet people are no longer living up to the promise they made when the got married. The marriage vows which they swore to uphold on the special day as holy unto God and to their spouse are nowadays trampled on. Our courts are backed up with so many divorce cases it defies the imagination. And then I am not speaking of only the unrighteous. I speak of so-called Christians who say they love the Lord yet choose to break the promises they made to the one in whose eyes they looked so lovingly 5, 10, 15, 20 and even 30 years ago and said, I do!!! Alcohol is consumed at such a degree that people are being killed daily on our highways. Domestic violence is the order of the day; little children are being raped and abused by their drunken father’s and family members. Babies are being murdered and raped by grown men. Toddlers barely able to walk are raped and abused and then buried by these perverts. Teenage boys are being raped by paedophiles. Dare I mention the number one crime here in South Africa at present; abortion by legal choice? A teenage girl can abort her unborn child and her parents can do and say nothing to stop this, because a godless government by way of legislation gives her the right to do away with the baby which according to them is not a human being. But God Almighty does not sleep nor slumber. There is a day of reckoning that will come. Just recently a Swedish medical ruling allows a mother to be, or a couple that if they discover the gender of their unborn baby, and they don’t want the baby based on the gender they can have the child aborted. There is a day of reckoning that will come when men and women stand before a Holy and Righteous God and shall answer for the murder of innocent unborn babies. Yes my dear friend, God will call into account those whose hands have shed innocent blood and that include unborn babies too, Proverbs 6:17, Isaiah 59:7; Jeremiah 7:6, 22:3, 17.
But let’s step over to what happening in Great Brittain. Recently the United Kingdom erased the Holocaust from the British School Curriculum because it offended the Muslim population’s beliefs that the Holocaust never took place. Yes friend the UK. Countries like Iran amongst others, declare vehemently that the Holocaust is a myth. Then one wonders why the UK cries foul when they are bombed by these suicidal fanatical Muslim-followers of Allah. But hold on, here is a bit of hope; The U.K Christians have been challenged to be bold, not nice. More than 10,000 Christians gathered together for a Global Prayer day conference on Pentecost Sunday, and was challenged by the convener, Pastor Jonathan Oloyede too stop being nice, but bold. It was time for Christians to pray and act. He warned in particular of the threat posed by Parliament and plans to build a mega-mosque at the site of the London Olympics. “I used to be a Muslim, and the Muslims don’t want to build a mosque only they want to take over. If you want to roll over and play dead while the legacy of your forefathers is thrown in the dust and you can’t stand up and say enough is enough then you are not fit to be a Christian”. Oloyede continued and said Christians in the UK need to, “stop trying to be nice and cute in the face of threats to their faith and the well being of their nation.” I used to be nice to everyone but God said to me: “You cannot be my messenger by being nice to everybody. So are you going to just play nice or are you going to be a follower of Christ?” Oleyede stressed that he was not asking Christians to be violent or unkind, but to be bold and “true to the calling you have as a citizen of the Kingdom.” He went on to urge Christians to be true believers by living out their faith. Many Muslim leaders Oleyede said, has spoken to him and declared if Christians stood up for their faith they would back off. Wow! what a challenge, and with that said I want to encourage the true believers of Christ here in South Africa to stand up and be what Christ has called you to be. True blue, red hot, blood bought, Holy Ghost filled ambassadors of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Dear reader at this time I want to close this message with a statement, and I do not have any fear of contradiction. Yes, we are living in the last days, and the earth trembles at what lies ahead. Nature itself has gone awry, as one cannot even nowadays predict what the weather is going to be like. We are in the heart of winter, yet we have had such sunny weather these past few days it seems like summer. Jesus warned even the seasons will change and this is a reality that we see each day. Watch this website there is more to come!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]